Monday, July 12, 2010

Rant on Emos, the Radio, "Scenes", Trendy Kids, and Stupid People at the Skate Park

Hey everyone, it's the Thrasher, telling it like it is whether you like it or not.
And, I know most people here have said it before, but EMOS PISS ME OFF!
It's a fucking trend. That is ALL it is. There are no people COMMITTED to an emo lifestyle, unlike the indie/punk scene (which I am happily a part of). I asked this one kid, "If you're an emo, do you have to dress like one?"
RESPONSE: "Duh, douchebag! If you don't dress the part, you're not it. Fucking wannabe punk."
He has grip tape from my board permanently stuck up his ass.
Also, this whole emo scene has COMPLETELY usurped the punk scene, at least in my home town. I mean, I'm happy we're so completely obscure no one can even name a punk band (or even some poseur Good Charlotte shit), but now the fact that no one has even become a punk poseur anymore annoys the hell out of me, because before that was a sign that the scene wasn't dead yet! Remember back in the late nineties to about 2005ish, when everyone was going crazy thinking they were "punk" or "alternative" because they were in love with Simple Plan and the Madden Brothers? Where the fuck did that go? I'm not saying I miss it, but the same trendy assholes who used to think My Chemical Romance was punk now think they're emo. Which they're not, they're post-alternative.
Also on the subject of emo saturating the music scenes, especially in punk, I was at the skate park in my Misfits shirt the other day, and this one kid said, "You like the Misfits?" When I said I'm a fucking Fiend, and I wear my Crimson Skulls with pride, he said, "Kid, the Misfits are all emo and shit." Keep in mind he's two years younger than me and called me "kid" (going off on another tangent, why the hell do preps these days call other people "this kid over here," and compliment things by calling them "beast"? And for that matter, just FUCK the popular slang of today. I'm staying nineties with "man," "dude," etc.).
Also, emos have NO idea where emo came from. Emo shit came from the fucking awesome post-hardcore of the eighties like Fugazi, and then the equally fucking awesome emocore of the late eighties and early nineties like Jawbreaker and Samiam. Now people think Dashboard Confessional and Taking Back Sunday fucking INVENTED emo. Goddamn trendy fucks.
Emos have completely forgotten their roots, too. Now they're into pop rock testicle folds like Fall Out Boy, they're into Lil Wayne (what is with these wanksters sagging in SKINNY JEANS now?) or they're into shitty metalcore, deathcore, etc. bands (aka NOT REAL METAL) that they somehow feel the need to call "screamo" while at the same time ignoring what screamo really is, which is a punk rock evolution that came out of EMOCORE, so that would be bands like All, Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower, etc. and today's alt screamo like Saetia and I Would Set Myself on Fire for You, etc. (Alexisonfire, Thursday, The Used, etc. ARE NOT SCREAMO! They are melodic post-hardcore, except for Alexisonfire's shittier metalcore singles like Boiled Frogs).
As for fashion, I'm not really criticizing anything because most of it is a fucking throwback to the past, except for the hair that blinds you, and skinny jeans. SKINNY JEANS. Now, I know the old-school punks wore tight clothes because they evolved out of the looser fashion of the hippies. But emos today are taking it to a whole new level. They're wearing it because it's FASHIONABLE. Punks wore it because the peace, love, empathy days of the hippies had died, and they were taking out their anger by wearing different clothes, among MANY other things. Emos wear it because it's tho fathionable (it's hard to imitate a lisp online, okay?)! THEY'RE NOT EVEN COMFY! THEY MAKE MY WAIST BLEED! If I'm gonna wear something, even if it's just because it's POPular (excuse my awful Ashley Tisdale impression), then I'd appreciate it if it FELT COMFY!
Next thing that I want to rant about are those GODDAMN SCENE KIDS! They pretend to be "in the scene" and "so fucking hardcore" when they are JUST as fucking trendy as the preps! Scene denotes underground, correct? I'm into that, I'll support local bands, go to shows, you know! BUT THEN, they're not into underground at all! THEY'RE JUST IN IT FOR THE FUCKING FASHION, AND YOU KNOW, THAT'S JUST A "CUTER" VERSION OF THE EMO CRAZE!
I know I'm getting worked up over MUSIC, but it's something I feel passionate about! All those fucking idiots who listen to wannabe EBM shit (EBM sucks anyway, God FORBID something would want to be it) like BrokeNCYDE or Hollywood Undead or pop rock shit like Kings of Leon or Fall Out Boy or pussy wannabe metal/"post-grunge" like Nickelback and the new Foo Fighters or punks who abandoned their roots like Green Day and blink-182 or radio pop shit like Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, All-American Rejects, Katy Perry, Owl City, they're ALL THE FUCKING SAME! THEY ALL SUCK SHIT, I'LL RANT ABOUT THEM ALL IF YOU WANT ME TO! THEY ARE FUCKING TERRIBLE, AND THEY'RE HITS BECAUSE OF HIT RADIO, WHICH IS A MEDIUM USED TO PROMOTE ALBUM SALES, AND WHO ELSE BUT RECORD COMPANIES, WHO ARE PROMOTING SHITTY BANDS, BECAUSE *THAT KIND OF SHITTY MUSIC IS POPULAR NOW!* WHY? BECAUSE OF THE *GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING SHIT LICKING VIRGIN RAPING BROWNEYE SUCKING RADIO!* And you people just let it fucking let it control you, don't you? YOU'RE FUCKING LAZY! You'd rather just sit back, hear twenty seconds of a fucking terrible radio song, laugh, and listen to it again! BECAUSE THAT'S ALL YOU WANT TO HEAR, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE RADIO WANTS YOU TO BE! You're fucking sheep, and you disgust me. You will FOLLOW THE RADIO TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, because you know you can just fucking suck up the filthy cum it spews at you, and it knows you'll swallow, because it's a hit, because it's "good", BECAUSE IT'S ON HIT RADIO! TURN IT THE FUCK OFF, AND THINK FOR YOURSELVES, YOU MINDLESS ZOMBIES! YOU'RE THE REASON FOR PREPS, EMOS, SCENES, AND EVERYTHING, SO YOU HAVE NO FUCKING RIGHT TO COMPLAIN!
I'M THE THRASHER, AND I'LL RANT MORE NEXT TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment