Thursday, July 15, 2010

I Miss Green Day

UPDATE: I'm reviewing most of this out of order on my Punknews account, and it will probably show up there first, so look for the reviews by Loomis on the Green Day page at punknews.com.
Let me explain: Green Day was one of the first bands I ever got into.
As a young 'un growing up, I was already starting to display a love of music (punk rock like the Ramones in particular. Especially the Ramones. I had a thing for the Ramones when I was little).
So, I heard the song Basket Case on the radio and instantly fell in love with their punk-revivalist music. So, I'm taking the liberty of reviewing Green Day's entire discography.
Here are the albums I'm reviewing in chronological order:
1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours (It would be useless and redundant to review 39/Smooth, 1,000 Hours, and Slappy separately)
Kerplunk! (including the Sweet Children EP packaged with it)
Dookie
Woodstock '94
Insomniac
Bowling Bowling Bowling Parking Parking
Nimrod
Foot in Mouth
Unplugged Live
Warning
International Superhits!
(I'm also reviewing International Supervideos!)
Shenanigans
Pop Disaster Tour
Various B.S.O.
American Idiot
American Idiot B-Sides
Bullet in a Bible
Transmissions
21st Century Breakdown
Live in Tokyo: Last Night on Earth
Last of the American Girls EP
I will not be reviewing the Foxboro Hot Tubs and The Network material as of now (although it might be a possibility later), although I will most likely be reviewing Pinhead Gunpowder's material later. Thank you and good day.
P.S. I will be doing track-by-tracks on some albums like American Idiot, and basic overviews on others like International Superhits!

No comments:

Post a Comment